7/25/2004

Movies: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith &Movies QuickFlick Review: Gangs of New York

Movies: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Well, it's now official. The final chapter in the Holy Trilogy is going to be called: Revenge of the Sith. It makes sense and I like it very much. For more info, visit StarWars.com

---

Movies QuickFlick Review: Gangs of New York

(6.5/10) Why is it that I still have to really kick myself in the butt to watch a Leonardo DiCaprio movie. I was pretty good in Catch me if you Can. Ah well, I guess he's one of those actors that will forever be on my C list. Anyhow, the film was a little long and had quite a few slow moments. I think Scorsese needs to get back to making smaller films. The scale of this one seemed out of control and he tried to do too much. So much so that the basic story was burried under an attempt to tell the beginnings of New York. In this case, one should decide if he is making a film about the personal story of a character or about the birth of a city. in this case, he tried to do both and failed.

No comments: