8/14/2004

DVD Quick Review: Vill Bill Vol. 2

(7/10) Entertaining sequel to the samurai swinging, chop flying, gut busting flick. I will have to give this one a second spin. Maybe I should watch foth volumes at the same time. I liked it but at the same time I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong it's a good film but I guess I was expecting more. Definately not Pulp Fiction caliber but good none the less. David Carradine is excellent throughout the film. I had heard from many people that they had prefered vol.2 to first one. It does complete it nicely and close the loop to the story but I think I liked Vol.1 better. Having watched many kung fu and asian films in the last year, it's funny how I could spot many influences for this film. I really likes the music and score throughout the film. All in all, a fun film but not as ground-breaking as I would have hoped for.

No comments: