10/21/2005

Movie of the week

This past monday night, I watched the movie What the #$*! Do We (K)now!? Don't know what brought me to buy this flick last week-end. All I can say is that this film totally rocks!

The IMDB plot summary reads as follow:

"WHAT THE #$*! DO WE KNOW?!" is a radical departure from convention. It demands a freedom of view and greatness of thought so far unknown, indeed, not even dreamed of since Copernicus. It's a documentary. It's a story. It's mind-blowing special effects. This film plunges you into a world where quantum uncertainty is demonstrated - where neurological processes, and perceptual shifts are engaged and lived by its protagonist - where everything is alive, and reality is changed by every thought.

I must admit that this flick is not for everyone. I showed it to a few friends and not everyone liked it. I guess it's one of those films that you have to see at the right time and in the right mood. It's primarily a documentary that talks about Quantum Physics concepts and Ideas.

What I liked about it so much was that It challenged a few concepts that we take for granted. When you think about it, over the course of history - so many things we thought as a fact of science or the ultimate truth has been disproved by time.

I've always been fascinated by the brain. We use so little of it's power (some less than others...) compared to its potential. One would have to be really closed minded (no pun intended) not to think that there are extraordinary things that it can do that is untapped.

I strongly recommend this one if you have some little piece of you that is curious about Quantum Physics or if you have ever wondered why we act a certain way in some situations.

No comments: