12/10/2005

Lost: One single black glove

I went out Christmas shopping today (no, I didn't find it) have the following to report:

Even if one doesn't go into a mall, you can't help but not run into nutso shoppers around this time of the year. I thought it was a mall thing. I just don't get it. I mean it's not like they're actually going to run out of things to buy. What purpose does cutting in front of others at the cash actually do.

My cudos of the day goes out to this little store on Bank that I went to where the owner, who was 70ish, took time to ensure that he knew what I wanted, then refered me to his son, who went in the basement to get me the item I was looking for. As I paid, he came back to check up on me and thanked my for doing business at his store and wished my happy holidays. Awsome service, friendly people and good prices. It's too bad that these mega stores like Walmart come into a town and undersell every mom and pop place because when it gets to knowledge, service and friendliness, small stores can't be beat.

---

Finally, if someone finds the following item, It's mine. I lost it today during my shopping trip:

2 comments:

Palmer said...

I found a black glove which was spraypainted red. Does that count?

iBenoit said...

Uhmmm..... I hope not! :(