1/08/2006

Artoo in the great outdoors!

A pretty quiet w-e. Feels good after the Xmas holiday rush to take our time. Was supposed to head down to Montreal this w-e but opted to go next week and use these 2 days as R&R instead.

Holly came over for dinner last night. We made a fresh pasta dish. Yummy! Good to see you girl. Hope you kicked ass at Mario Party later in the evening.

We watched Serendipity late last night. What a great film. Ièm always joking around with Cin when we watch a chick flick saying that it's a pain to watch these. Well this one is a cool one. I don't know if it's because it's a John Cusack flick (I don't think I have ever been disapointed by one of his flicks) or because Kate Beckinsale was in it (meow!) but it was a cute and charming film.



Today, we are going snow-shoeing. I should be an adventure!! Will report back on the misadventures of Artoo in the great outdoors.

Longjohns'r'us

Sigh... not the sexiest of underwear!! :)

Did you know that the name 'Long Johns', long skin-tight underpants, was actually first used for the long underwear issued to American soldiers during World War Two. The name is derived from the old boxing gear worn by John L. Sullivan, who was a boxer in the late 1880s, the height of his career being 1882-92.

4 comments:

Ferda said...

really? you liked that movie. I didn't like how they were already in relationships but were able to fall for one another so quickly. James and I also watched a John Cusack chick flick over the w-e, Must Love Dogs. It was very cute. I'd recommend it.

Hey, next time you guys should come over for the Mario Party no need to wait for an invitation!

iBenoit said...

That's a good point Ferda, I guess one could look at it and say that their relationships weren't strong enough to start with... though when one is about to get married. The argument would only hold for one of them. I though it was a cutsy movie where everything gets fixed by the ending. Aren't most chick filcks like that?

Your comment reminded me of another film:

I will always remember when I saw Bridges of Madison County (brilliant film BTW) how that was the one thing I initially had trouble with.

The fact that the woman character was in a relationship with a wonderful husband, with 2 kids, etc. The photographer with no ties comes in and sweeps her off her feet for 2 weeks...

What I liked about that film: you get to live the gut wrenching decision that she has to make and you kinda get how hard her choice is... it's never black or white.

iBenoit said...

Oh and thanks for the invite. Might take you up on that Mario Party night next time around.

Ferda said...

I haven't seen Bridges but I may check it out. I've heard good things about it from others as well.

I think my feelings about infidelity - even if it's just emotional infidelity - have even gotten stronger since I've gotten married. I guess it's all just a movie so I shouldn't be taking it all so seriously :-)

I will give you a heads up for the next Mario party.