1/01/2006

Moments of 2005

Well, I suppose if everyone else is doing it, I’d better join the fray with a year-end introspective of my own. Here are 8 randomly-selected things that made me happy in 2005, in no particular order.

Cinful One and Artoo start dating: What to say... 2005 is the year where Artoo and the Cinful One developped their relationship. Without falling into clichés, I can safely say that I am very happy for having met the Cinful One. My Cinful One. I have had a blast this past year and cherish the bond that exists between us. I love you.

Duran Duran Concert at Bell Centre (Montreal, QC) Earlier in the year, I went to see a band that I grew up loving in the 80s. The band, finally with the original members, released an awsome album last year called Astronaut. I went to Montreal by Bus and has a great time. I find that I like going and seeng a band by myself once in a while. It may sound odd but for me a trip somewhere by myself always end us being an introspective journey.

StarWars: Revenge of the Sith Screening with Claude and Ryan
: There are very few movies that have marked my childhood. As a kid, I lived everything StarWars. I had it all, the bed sheets, the action figures, the records, the books, the tapes. I could recite the StarWars audio storybook by heart: "This is the Story of StarWars, you can read along with me in your book. You will know when it is time to turn the page, when you hear artoo Deetoo beep like this...". Well 2005 marked the end of the StarWars saga. With the release of Revenge of the Sith in theatres, the circle was now complete. I had a great time seeing the film with two good friends. Chatting afterwards about the film and your StarWars memories was quite enjoyable.

Artoo and the DS are introduced: As I have stated before, I am an avid fan of Video Gaming. Unfortunately, in recent years, the new generations of game consoles have all but lost their souls in favour of powerful machines and better graphics. This past July, I purchased Nintendo's new handheld, the DS. If you want to experience what gaming with soul is, thy the DS - you won't be disapointed.

Artoo Does New-York: My first trip to the Big Apple was a success. I will try to render the trip justice in a later post. My recommendation: go with someone you love, it will make it that more special. New-York is a groovy town for lovebirds.

U2 Concert at the Corel Centre (Ottawa, ON): You have heard me rave about this show in recent weeks so I wonèt dwell too much on the event. I will simply say that they deliver an amazing set and give it their all.

Artoo meets the Hedgehog: an odd meeting yet a fun night. A bunch of us went to listen to some stand-up comedy by the one and only Ron Jeremy earlier in the first quarter of the year. A funny evening not soon forgotten.

2005 International Montreal Jazz Festival Vacation: Magical moment underneath a starlit night in Montreal on July 5th. A short walk from the hotel led us to a small stage where a New-York band called Tortured Soul was playing the smoothest grooves i had ever heard. We just hung there and danced to the cool soulful tunes! A magical moment with a special someone.

No comments: