1/19/2006

"North by Northwest" strikes again


We watched my favourite Hitchcock film tonight at Trish's. The Film: "North By Northwest". I love this movie. It has a little bit of everything: suspense, drama, romance, action, a great all around cast, a solid cold war storyline as well as a scary mother. Everything is pulled together rather nicely and Hich's direction is just great. This film has stood the test of time and it's not moving from my top 10 films of all time.

Memorable bits:

- Hitchcock cameo of him missing the bus in the first two minutes of the film
- the great vista vision coulours
- the intense Bernard Herrmann score
- the sultry blonde tease that is/was Eva Marie Saint (Meow!)
- the superb acting of Cary Grant

Interesting sidenote, Eva Marie Saint, the blond lead in this film, will play Martha Kent in the upcoming Superman Returns film this summer.

Oh and let's not forget the first "Palmerism" of 2006:

"I love old movies, they make me feel young!"

No comments: