2/21/2006

Apple to hold special event Feb 28

OK, any guesses as to what the announcement will be?? The real iPod Video maybe?? :)

--

In other iPod video news... NBC offers free pilot on Itunes... I hope this becomes the norm. What a great marketing move :

NBC is offering the pilot episodeof its new legal drama “Conviction” for free on the iTunes Music Store nearly two weeks before the show makes its network series premiere. NBC is also offering a music video by The Gabe Dixon Band and a behind-the-scenes look at the show. The hour-long show, currently being heavily promoted on air, will debut on the network on Friday, March 3.

The only issue here is that they might kybosh their ratings the first time the show airs as many will have already seen it.

--

Does anyone know if there is a site out there which offers old public domain tv shows for download? It seems to me that this may be a cool addition to iTunes content. I have seen free cartoons in one video podcast somewhere but there must me more free content out there.

3 comments:

Kev said...

Not sure of any place to get free old tv shows... but any idea how we Canadians can actually take advantage of this free tv stuff?

I mean, I know how long it took for the iTunes Music store to come to Canada, but I really want to get my hands on some of those shows!

Anonymous said...

Rumour is that the announcement will be for an Ipod Phone!

iBenoit said...

Kevin, yeah, this iTunes Canada thing sucks.. I haven;t figured out how to get them yet... maybe they are already on Torrentspy.