3/13/2006

Long Weekender Report: 10.03 to 13.03

Yep, it was a long one for me. I cashed in 2 off days that I had to take before end of fiscal. I love 4 day weeks. All weeks should be like that. Makes it a little more civilized! Dontcha think?

THU
Class, bad weather, got my exam back, happy with the grade I got. chilled and missed Harold & Maude at Trish's fearing that Bea Arthure would show up in it. Watched Horloge Biologique with my cutie instead. Was a great film.

FRI
Cinthia and MJ showed up in the evening. We hung out at my place and played a little Tetris Attack on the XBMC. I am still the Tetris Attack King!! So far, the following folks have fallen atmy feet: The Cinful One, Claude, MJ and just yesterday, my cousin Mel. I rule!!

I also finally got that Angel puppet replica in the mail. I ordered it back in August!! It's a replica of the muppet rendition of Angel (from Buffy/Angel fame). They replicated his muppet state from the episode SmileTime - the funniest Buffy/Angel episode ever!! Neat collectible as it is limited to 5000 worldwide. To celebrate this arrival, we watched the episode before going to bed.

SAT
Woke-up and we headed to the market for some shopping. Our big plan was to buy everything we needed for a chinese fondue. We got everything after a little running around. Weather was incredible! We went back to mu place and had a nice romantice candlelit chinese fondue dinner.

Artoo's Fondue Rant
Have I ever mentioned how - although I like fondues very much - I find that a fondue is a meal that one should never serve when guests come over. When I go over to someone's place, I go there to be invited, not make my own meal! Think about it, you invite people over and then make them cook their food! They have to wait for it to cook, fight for their little fondue spears because there are just so many of them, then you have something like a zillion little sauce bowls to wash. Nahhhhh! not worth it!

SUN
We went to bed wayyyyyyy to late last night and drank a little too much wine and desert apple cider. A very slow day! Watched a little Smallville, went to the gricery store and played a little DS. Not the most productive day in the history of the world. I did make another victim at Tetris Attack though. My cousin Mel did her best but was just no match with the Tetris Attack king! (she did beat me at Dr. Mario though!)


MON
Cold and wet weather today - Decided to go out anyways and hit the SouthKeys area.

I picked up Season 2 of the Adventures of Superman. I finished Season 1 last night with the last disk - It was the flick Superman and the Mole Men. I must say that I have really enjoyed these episodes - as I pointed out a few weeks back. It's definately not for everyone. It's a different pace and not as sci-fi as all the other Superman shows out there. You have to see beyond the special effects as they are quite crude (heck, it was made in the early 50's).

Value Village Finds
I walked into Value Village and bought myself the game Ouija (it was a cheap $3.99) I love going to thrift places like that. I always find something of interest. The saying: "One man's garbage, another man's treasure!" often rings true to my ear. I also found the fist Harry Potter book in hardcover form for $1.99. I've been meaning to pick up a copy for a long time. Never been high on my list though but at that price. A steal! Definately - the best place - to buy boardgames!!

Althought still reeling from the shock of Jose Theodore being traded away, I am about to watch a little hockey then most likely some TVShow on DVD before bed.

All in all a good long w-e.

2 comments:

Ferda said...

what's chinese fondue. Is that the one where you make the glass noodles and add your meats?

Dish said...

I'm dying to see the puppet!!!!! I am so jealous!!!

And Bea Arthur is not in Harold & Maude. Sheesh!