3/27/2006

Weekender Report: 24-03 to 26-03

Fri

DHL Delivery Service Administration Office = BAD, DHL Local Driver = COOL

I finally got my iPod back on Friday. Yeah, I know, we've all read this before. Well The bloody thing was shipped express last Monday from Apple via a company called DHL. I had been checking the Apple site to see the progress of the repair or replacement and was able to get a tracking number for DHL. When The thing hadn't reached me by Wednesday, I tried to call DHL Ottawa. Their Web site said that an attempt had been made at my door and that they could not leave a note on the door. No way of getting in touch with a human, just voice mail box hell! How do they expect one to ship something if you can't reach them. I googled their address, they are out behind the airport in the middle of nowhere. Sheesh. Thursday, no word on the message I left with them. Another attempt was apparently made (again mid-day) according to their Web site. I reach someone at the main office in Toronto and the rude lady says she can't do a thing from her end but can give me the Ottawa office. I tell her about voicemail hell and she proceeds to tell me that if I can't get through, then neither will she. She then says that since they have attempted to deliver it twice, they won't try again. I will have to go out in the middle of nowhere (business hours only - Monday to Friday 9-5) to get it. After a week, it will be sent back to the sender.

Friday morning, I decide to leave a little post-it note on my door with my cell for the driver in the off-beat chance that they would try another delivery. Lo and behold the driver calls me. We make a meeting time downtown and he pulls through. The evil lady with the cushy admin job at the main office wasn't helpful, the whole Ottawa DHL Office people hiding behind voice mail didn't help… it was the little guy that makes the deliveries who made an unscheduled delivery after his shift that made my Friday! *sigh*
Oh and BTW, another replacement 4th Generation iPod for moi. Hope this 3rd one holds more than 2 months.
--
On Friday was the first official one-on-one Tetris DS face-off between the Cinful One and Artoo. The Cinful One used all her evil tactics and stole the final win from a tired little droid (after all, he had just been in battle with the mean DHL lady earlier in the day). "I will have my revenge" exclaimed the tired robot.
---
Sat

Trip down memory lane: As I mentioned earlier this week, I picked up a new digital camera this week. We decided to take in the nice weather and go take a walk in the neighbourhood where I grew up. I had fun. Everything looks so much smaller than it used to. Lol Now all I need to do is set myself up with one of these Flickr accounts.
--

We watched the film Wicker Park on Saturday night. Cool movie. It's one of those films where the pay-off is revealed in the last 20 minutes and the scenes are not in chronological order. It took a while to get off the ground but as the story evolved, you understood why the director chose that approach. Little clues were given one by one. I love non linear storytelling. You can go back and re-watch the film and catch the more obvious clues that were missed on the first viewing. I definitely recommend this film. 7/10
--
Sun
A relaxing day spent reading, fixing the stereo wires, and procrastinating… I should have done groceries and cleaned the house! As they say, tomorrow is another day!

1 comment:

Palmer said...

I am fascinated (and dismayed) to hear you have so much trouble with your iPods whereas I have not yet.

And I know how much you care for your possesions.