4/21/2006

2006 NHL Playoffs Finally Here!



Ahhh.. Finally. The real season starts. The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs start off tonight with the 1st game of the Ottawa-Tampa Bay series. I'm quite happy because both Montreal and Ottawa are in (and of course Toronto is out).

I participated in my Playoff pool yesterday and here are the 16 players I ended up with:

1. Alfredsson (Ott)
2. Cheechoo (SJ)
3. Modano (Dal)
4. Brière (Buf)
5. Zubov (Dal)
6. Chara (Ott)
7. Kotalik (Buf)
8. Kovalev (Mon)
9. Dumont (Buf)
10. Koivu (Mon)
11. Guerin (Dal)
12. Pomminville (Buf)
13. Rider (Mon)
14. Parise (NJ)
15. Markov (Mon)
16. S. Neidermier (Ana)

My first round predictions are as follow:
Eastern Conference
TB-OTT = OTT (5)
MON-CAR= MON (7)
NYR-NJ=NJ (6)
PHI-BUF= BUF (6)
Western Conference
DET-EDM= DET (5)
COL-DAL= DAL (6)
CAL-ANA= ANA (6)
NAS-SJ= SJ (5)
Should be a great show. I somehow have faith that they will not let up on the penalties and that the refs are going to stick with the same officiating they did diring the regular season. Call me an optimist.

7 comments:

James said...

Go sens go!

Sister Merry Kerry said...

You're a shoe-in to win. Mud wrestling is a very difficult sport to pick winners in.

Hat's off to you.

iBenoit said...

Sena: I figured that since you weren't participating, others had a chance this time! :P

Kev said...

Nice predictions, but I have to disagree with two of them.

Jagr is going to carry New York over New Jersey... Brodeur is amazing but he can't carry it all himself.

Calgary is going to the cup final! You can't think that Anaheim will take them out in the first round!!

Kev said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dish said...

Les Canadiens kicked some fesses last nite. Whoo hoo! :o)

Anonymous said...

GO WINGS GO!!