4/17/2006

Mini-movie review: Dawn of the Dead (2004)


I while back, I picked up this film for $6.99 somewhere with the hope of getting some cheap popcorn enjoyment out of it. I must admit that I was quite skeptical about the film. Since I missed the viewings at Trish's before Xmas, I figured that this bargain price buy was worth it.

My first venture into the Dead film series was when I was in high school. A good friend of mine was a huge fan and one saturday afternoon we watched them all on grainy VHS tapes. There is just something about flesh eating zombies and a shopping mall that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All that to say that I have fond memories of the original series of films. 3-4 years ago, I picked up Night od the Living Dead with a Magazine subscription. Again I was not disapointed. I can only dedect that Artoo loves Zombie movies. I don't know why. They are just plain fun!

My last venture in the Zombie gore-a-thon worthy world came last year with Shaun of the Dead. Not to sound redundent but again: fun, fun, fun.

Why would I apprehend the 2004 remake film? Elleph-i-know! This thing plain rocked. I am a huge fan of Sarah Polley. She was quite funny in this role. Not her typical kind of role. Gotta try new stuff sometimes I guess... then again, this film had zombies in it. Maybe she has the same feeling towards them as I do. Who knows.

Great popcorn flick. I definately will have to check out Land of THe Dead next. I hear it to has dead people in it. ;)

2 comments:

Dish said...

We didn't even watch this one yet. We were still doing the lead up! Now I feel left out. :o(

iBenoit said...

you'll love it. It's really well done and has quite a few quotable moments.