5/28/2006

Annual Great Gleebe Garage Sale Report

Man I love big garage sales. I have said it before: one man's trash is another one's treasure.

How did I fare? Pretty good; here is what I found:

8:10am - Rush Hour board game ($3): This was the first thing I found. Cinthia and I had been thinking about buying this game for a while now. Complete, perfect shape and looks like a fun game.

8:45am - Quarto! Game ($1): Hummm... Another great find. This game is in the same collecction as Cathedral and Quoridor wooden games. It has won tons of prizes around the world. happy find but i was hoping that this would not turn into a board game type of day. You can generally find tons of board games in garage sales and although they are cool to find, it's not generally my main reqason for treasure hunting.

9:00am - Sony Turn Table ($5+$2): YESSSS! This is the find of the day in my book. I was looking for one in good shape for the last few months. Yep, hi-fi Artoo goes lo-fi... I love LPs... I can finally start hunting for cool records everywhere now. I found the turn table at a church and then looked in the bins and found 8-9 Lps for $2 (Michael jackson's Thriller, Gowan's Strange Animal, Brother's in Arm by Dire Straits, Peter Gabriel' s SO, etc...) Happy feeling! Spent a good 25 minutes looking in the boxes of LPs.

9:25am - Atari 12-in-1 joystick ($5): Although I have most of these games, this is a fun plus and play game that I can plug and...err.. play... anywhere I want. ;) Couldn't pass it up.

9:55am - Exotica Book (.50): When i was in Cegep, i discovered this great film by Atom Egoyan and I borrowed this book from our library 4-5 times in the year. It contains inverviews and the screenplay.

10:20am - 2 more LPs ($1): No more change so I had to pay for these with a 20 dollar bill. The guy was not impressed. :(

10:40am - How to play Guitar book, CD, DVD, CD-Rom ($2): Nice!!

11:05am - It's never too late to become a Buffy Fan book ($1): What can I say. It was a buck. The guy said that the author is a local lady. cool!

11:20am - Unfinished mitten (free): The paper bag I was carrying was killing my hands. I picked this piece of soft fabric to wrap around the bag handle. Ahhhh. joy!

11:45am - 4 Sesame Street figures similar to Smurfs ($1): A little girl was selling these for 10 cents a piece. I haggled and told her that I did not have any change so she had to take my looney. We were both pleased.

12:10pm - i call it quits as I have a wedding to go to at 2:30 with my cutie. All in all a very fruitful day and I made a few nice finds. Yet another successful trip to the Great Gleebe Garage sale.

3 comments:

AquariusDragon said...

Wow! You certainly got a lot of things!! That's a cute story about haggling with the little girl. Aww!

iBenoit said...

She was cute. She was even offering to draw passers-by and make portraits of them. :)

What's cool about the Gleebe garage sale is that everyone is friendly.

Kev said...

Some real treasures in there!

I should have taken your advice and gone down - I'm definitly taking the time next year.