5/06/2006

Mini-Movie Review: Thir13en Ghosts


What's it about?
When Dr. Zorba dies, he leaves his house to his broke nephew, who moves in with his daughter. With the house come two unexpected pluses (or minuses): the house has 13 ghosts which can only be seen with a special pair of glasses, and there's a fortune hidden somewhere in the house...and someone wants it. (Why did Zorba have so many ghosts? He collected them!)

What I thought:
This film reminded me of a cross between Cube, Hellraiser and a bad ghost story. It may sound a little worse than it actually was. The film did keep me interested the whole way. I can't say that there were too many scary bits. Some were a little over the top but the suspense element was a little weak. Visually it was pretty cool and the ghosts were quite well done. Unfortunately, the ending was a little bit of a letdown.

I give this one 5 ghosts out of 10.

No comments: