5/23/2006

Weekender Report: 19-05 to 22-05

Seems like we have been a little more erratic lately with these posts. What can I say. Blame it on being away to BC for a few days, a visit to my parent's cottage last Sunday for Mother's Day and an all around state of "busy-ness" (like it? business, busy-ness...err, ok - nevermind).

Fri: Took the extra day off. I cleaned most of the day. House was a wreck. In the evening, Took Cinthia out to a nice Italian Restaurant on Metcalfe. T'was quite nice. We got drenched when we walked out of the restaurant though.

I made one little purchase pre-long week-end: New Super Mario Bros. for the DS. Wow! What a cool game! Definately worth the purchase. Coolest DS game so far. Well worth the wait. I shall do something special on this one later in the month. Stay tuned.

Sat: We spent most of the day out. Went to the hospital so see Luc and Isabelle's new baby girl. After a few complications in the last 48 hours, everything seems to be better now. Her name is Marguerite. Cute little bundle of joy!

Did a run to the store to get some food and such for Sunday night's get together. I went to HMV and splurged a little, picking up a bunch of TV Seasons on DVD: Batman Animated S1&2, Gilligan's Island S1, 2 & 3, Firefly and Arrested Development S2. They are having a great sale on some TV DVD sets. Many of these were $19.99. Go check it out.

In the evening, we finished watching a flick we had started a few days ago. I showed Cinthia the film Shaun of the Dead. She doesn't like horror films but I sold her on it by saying it was a parody of a zombie film. She enjoyed it and we laughed alot. What an awesome film! Definately one of my favorite comedies of the last few years!!

Sun: We finished cleaning up the place and had Miryam, Marie-Josée and their boyfriends over for some great pasta! A good time was had by all.

Mon: woke up late. While Cinthia went to work for a few hours, my Zombie-Fest continued. I watched Day of the Dead (1985).

No comments: