5/02/2006

Weekender Report : 28-04 to 30-04

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, wouldn't it be peachy if all week-ends were this sunny.

Caught-up on a little gardening. Cleaned up the whole yard. 15 minutes later (what can I say, i live in a condo), I split and moved some bleeding hearts plants near the back steps. Hopefully, they will survive the move. They should, they are pretty hardy plants.

On Sunday we went to the Masson flea market. I hadn't been there in years. Can't say it has changed much. As with all flea market, they have lots of dollar store junk for sale. I must admit that while I love garage sales and flea markets, i have going to ones where most of the stuff if new crap that one can buy in any ByWay or Giant Tiger, you know the tables where they sell 200 neon pink rubber shoes and loose granny underwear (yeesh!).

I made a few scores though. I picked up a few DVDs (what a surprise!): Six Feet Under Season 4 for 30$, Bubba Hoo-Tep (review below) and a dozen or so Asterix books (approx. 2$ each).

I also watched a couple of hockey games (Montreal lost 2 and the Sens made it through Tampa Bay. Montreal faces ellimination tonight against Carolina. If they make it through the first round, I have to say that they will get killed by the Sens - It won't be pretty. They are playing very bad hockey right now. One never knows though.

Been playing a really cool Nintendo DS game lately. It's called Brain Age. Really cool game. I have become addicted to Sudoku (which is included in the game).

Been brewing this idea lately of maybe doing a podcast or Videocast. Maybe the Summer is not the best time to start one of these things. We'll see how things go.

No comments: