5/01/2006

What is one to do??


I was walking on Bank street the other day and this person in a motorized wheel chair came zooming by and almost hit me. I just shrugged and said nothing. A little bit later on my way back from the store, this same individual zooms by again and almost hits the little old lady besides me. she looks at him, then at me and makes a face (I could have sworn that her expression said: WFT!!! - but little old ladies shouldn't swear so it must have been some other type of expression). I tried to make the same face looking in the direction thaht the wheeled crusader left.

Well today, as I was walking home, another person in one of those motorized buggies cut me off as I was about to cross the street. The man looked real mean too. What's up with that?!? I just don't get it.

5 comments:

Dish said...

A lady at church once ran over my foot with a motorized wheelchair and didn't even stop to apologize. Just kept zooming down the hallway. Meanwhile, I was curled in a little ball on the floor in total agony. I am suprised that it didn't break a bone. Those things weigh a ton! The dangers of the motorized wheelchair are ones I know all too well. A warning to you all.

Palmer said...

Hey, they have the right to do that. I mean, anyone in a motorized vehicle has the right to harass innocent bystanders. At least that's what it says in the driver's handbook.

Anonymous said...

it means get the fuck out of the way!

IF you can walk MOVE.

These folks can not walk and the hand/eye coordination probably is not what it once was PLUS the fact of trying to maneuver one of these machines with people walking and NOT paying attention to where they are actually walking.

Well, hell. Get my point!
Give em a break, they are the ones disabled, not you.

Guess you are the type who parks in a disabled parking spot just so you don't have to walk as far in the mall parking lot.

Wake the fuck up you idiot!
There are move people in the world than just you!

iBenoit said...

Wow. Quite the post-back Anonymous A.

All these folks are doing is going about their mery businesses.

Little old lady that almost got hit has as much right to walk on the sidewalk as the disabled person in the chair pal!

Anonymous said...

It's not because one has a handicap that they have to have an attitude towards the world. Everyone should respect others on the street.

Fred