6/26/2006

Weekender Report: 23-06 to 25-06

Noo, nee-noo, nee-noo, nee-noo…

Friday evening: Martin, Myriam, Cinthia and I went to the Ribfest on Sparks. Good eats but I think I found out that I prefer beef ribs to pork ribs. Following our sticky finger activity and some Jell-o wrestling conversation, we headed out to the World Exchange Cinemas and watched the Al Gore documentary: An Unconvenient Truth. The subject of the film is Global Warming and the effects that it is having on the planet. Quite alarming when they stack up the facts and statistics. We all know it is happening yet very few of us realize how bad it actually is.

Saturday: Did a little cleaning. Partly because we were having friends over in the evening but I have also started to sort through some boxes and stuff since Cinthia is moving in next week. We decided to move in together. We are quite excited. We even found a parking spot to rent behind the condo. We took a walk down Bank and stoped at Blockbuster. I picked up the Rockstar Table Tennis game for the Xbox360 in exchange for a bunch of old DVDs I didn't want. They only give you $5 for each bu when you consider the fact that I am always bargan shopping and often find great deals on some of the DVDs, many of these didn't cost me much to start with. In the evening, Claude, Sylvie and Ryan poped by for a couple of brews and chatter. We played 80s Trivia. I had fun. After everyone left, Cinthia went to bed and I watched the NHL draft which I had recorded on the PVR.

Sunday: Busy day. Some highlights include a trip to MEC where cinthia bought a fleece. Who else but my lovely to buy a fleese jacket when it's 35 degrees out. :) I love you babe! We also went to the market and bought some fresh fruits. Is there anything better than a good strawberry when it is in season?! I think not! Later we went out and played some mini-put where someone won and the other person lost. I can't remember the actual score for some reason. We also planed the move some more and watched an episode of Naked Josh (what a great show that is!!).

No comments: