9/13/2006

V foe Vendetta

Picked up this flick last w-e at Rogers. I must say that I liked it quite a bit. It was original, intense, stylish and had a great performance by Queen Amidala. I wouldn't say it was the best comic book movie in years - that title goes to Batman Begins in my book - but the pure elegance of the cinematography was on par with the best of them.

I reminded me a little bit of a cross between Eyes wide Shut for the ambiance (minus sexual overtones of course), Batman (the first Burton one) for the darkness and a toutch of Cyrano De Bergerac for the poetry.

Worth the pick-up if you are into comic book based films or into good sci-fi films. I give this one 7.5 Vs out of 10.

1 comment:

Pollcrazy said...

I'll agree not the very best movie made , but very original and a must see!