12/26/2004

Day 3 - Why play games... just call her up.

X-mas 2004 is now over. Went over to and grand parents for Dinner. Chatted with my uncle's girlfriend's daughter Irina for a while. Was nice.

Before that I volunteered at the Newport restaurant serving meals to homeless and needy people. Met an old colleague who is now retired. He played Santa Claus for the kids there. Was fun. Max Keeping from a local news station as well as 2 local politicians were with us in the kitchen. To me this is always the best part of Christmas. Time flies when I do this. I started in 1998 after I broke-up with my 1st GF of 6 years. It was the first Xmas in years where I didn't feel like celebrating much. Xmas has never been my favorite holiday. But when I discovered this volunteering thing, I was hooked.

...

10:45

Okay, why wait! I love the Internet, information at your fingertips. Canada 411 the name of the cute girl (I got her last name from the original email invite which was sent before we all went out to that bar on the 23rd). Nothing comes up. Try another combination. Bingo! It's an "i" not a "y" in her first name. Oh, but there are two listings: one in Gatineau and one in Hull. Ah, well. I'll just wish Merry Xmas to whomever I bother if I don't get the number right. I got it right. She looked surprised. We are meeting at the Rideau Centre at 1pm.

Quite the first date: fight off little old ladies for Boxing day sale items which are generally not that great in the first place.

Should be fun. at least we'll be able to chat without little spy friends around us! :)

No comments: