10/30/2005

Holloweeny Night!

A great time was had by all this week-end. Cinthia and I went to a costumed party near Bayshore on Saturday. It was a hoot.

I dressed up as a Tetris Piece (you know the yellow "L" shaped one!!) and the Cinful one went as Cruella. People had great costumes: Arabian night girl (Trish), the 4th Horseman (Palmer), 80s chick (VĂ©ro), 3 geisha girls (Holly, Joelle and Carleigh (sorry I missed ya Car!), etc.

I had fun building my costume. It was made up of 4 cube boxes that i picked up at Staples (20$.. what a rip off!!!)... I should have planned it better and looked for old boxes earlier in the week. I assembled then together and everything looked great. Then I tried the yellow spray paint I picked up at Wallmart. Awful result. The cardboard drank up all the paint and it would have taked 4-5 light coats to get the brown cardboard to be the right colour. I then tried yellow kids paint which did not adhere well to the surface. Things were'nt looking too good at that point as the party was 3 hours away. We jumped in the car and went to Wallacks and picked up some yellow tissue paper... It was going to be fragile but the effect was a good one. After wrapping the whole thing, i used black felt marker to draw the lines around the tetris piece... All in all, the thing looked good. To view pix of the party, please visit Palmer's World

Note to self: Tetris pieces cannot sit down on chairs or sofas too well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>Note to self: Tetris pieces cannot sit down on chairs or sofas too well.

You just picked the wrong Tetris shape. Haven't you played this before? :)