12/10/2005

Maurice Richard Movie

Just came back from seeing the Maurice Richard movie with Cinthia and Marie-Josée. It's an excellent picture. Wether you are an avid hockey fan or not, this film is worth seeing. The story is legendary the same way the man was. (my rating: 8 out of 10)

It is uncanny how much Roy Dupuis looks like a young Maurice Rickard. He is bang on! I remember a few years back, he was hired to do the Canadian Heritage Minute commercial about Maurice Richard and we all said at the time that he would do an excellent job one day is they made a movie. Well, it's done and he is fantastic in it.

You can tell that the people who worked on the film held the legend in very high regards. A couple of NHLers also played a small part in the film for some of the hockey scenes.

---

Artoo met the famous number 9

I met him once at a signing. He was a very quiet man and seemed very very humble in his attitude - almost as though he hadn't realized how much he had influenced a generation of french canadians. I shook his and and got an autograph.

When I was a young boy, my dad gave me an autographed picture he had gotten when he was a youngster in high school in Winnipeg. One thing many people mention when talking about meeting the man has that he always took his time signing something. Every autograph he gave was legible and clear. He always said how he felt it was important to take the time to sign something for fans as they had taken the time to come and see him.

5 comments:

Palmer said...

It's sounds way better than the doctor's signatures!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks Ben! I think my Dad would like to have that movie as one of his Christmas gift. ;-)

I'll check that out.

Anonymous said...

Oh but wait, just realised, prob. not in stores yet since you just came back from the movies...

Too bad.

iBenoit said...

There is a really cool DVD out though on Maurice Richard. It contains a National Film Board Documentary on his life and the old Sweater cartoon. I know I sure hope the Cute Cinful Xmas Elf took note of it when I pointed it out at Future Shop. It's around $15 bucks too.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2103323&catid=14841

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Thanks! I'll check that out.