12/15/2005

What's an Ewok???

This post about Véro's reply on Han Solo and Chewbacca being a famous couple reminded me of a classic Cinthia moments from 2005.

This past summer, a few of us got together at Trish's for Movie Night (which we should restart in the New-Year BTW) one evening and we watched Star Wars. Good treats were served by Trish (as usual) and most stayed awake during the whole movie (Véro? Trish? Cinthia?).

Editor's Note: a few Hollyisms happened that night including the hilarious "Darth Vader moving from time to time" story (more on this some other time).

Anyhow… a few days passed and I teased Cinthia by quizzing her with Star Wars Trivia. I asked her what an Ewok was and she shrugged. Actuallly, what she said was that she knew but couldn't remember. She then proceeded to ask me to tell her which I wouldn't. She begged and I didn't say. I just teased her a bit more about it… A few days passed.

When I got to work the following Monday, I had a voice message - in an very assertive tone - that went something like this:

"Benoit -- For your information, an EWOK is a small creature with a hood that lives in the desert. THey are the ones who sold the robots to Luke in the first movie. (in a proud victorious tone) So there. I told you I knew what an EWOK was!!!" - click -

I had cramps, I almost peeed myself. It made my day!! It made my week. It was so cute, so charming. It's one of my favorite Cinthia moments of the year! I love you baby!

2 comments:

Palmer said...

HAHAHAHAHAH

They will one day love Star Wars.

Anonymous said...

Nice one…that will always be a classic.