1/18/2006

2006 CD Discovery #4 - James Blunt: Back to Bedlam

This week's discovery disk is James Blunt's Back to Bedlam. Cinthia asked me about this guy 2 weeks ago and I checked out his album. I hadn't heard about him other that that Beautiful song which I heard on the radio in the car. A little early for my end of week discovery but my verdict is in. So here goes:


Artist: James Blunt
Album: Back to Bedlam

The skinny: My main complain for this debut album is its length - less than 40 minutes. To me, that's not a complete album. I do understand that this is a debut album, but in my book, that's delivering half a job to music fans. It's unfortunate because other than that - this *is* a solid album from A to Z. This guy has a nice voice (reminds me a little bit of Gowan for some odd reason). I don't know much about this guy's background other that what my gf told me nor do I really care. Solid pop ballads on here. Will stay in rotation in my Ipod for a while longer. I like.

Fav. Songs: You're Beautiful (my gf melts when this one plays on the radio), Wisemen (one great tune!), Tears and Rain (great vocal display).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Artoo, the fact that you are a Gowan fan just makes me love you even more than I already do. And if this guy reminds you of Gowan, he might be worth getting to know. :o)

iBenoit said...

I'll make you a copy if you want. Worth ckecking out.

Definately not as rafined as Larry but quite good.

Anonymous said...

that would be swell!