1/11/2006

How does that song go again: I had a bad day.

I had a bad day! Worked hard on this document. Worked to get it done and when I was finally done, I printed a copy, showed my boss and wend back to my office. I decided to make a final little change and BAM! system crash and the data was lost. No backup because those things are done in evening, no saved copies because I was working on the main document. @#$%#$! (yeah, yeah, thank goodness for the printed version). It's still going to take someone a couple of hours tomorrow to re-type the damm thing. Not my week workwise.

I am starting to wonder if i shouldn't go back to program delivery (the opportunities are everywhere) as opposed to policy writing. I've been at it (policy design stuff) for a while now and the bloody progress isn't going fast enough for my taste. I am used to knowing everything at the tip of my fingers. I'm generally much more engaging and challenging at meetings. I'm used to leading at what I do. I've been at this new job for 8 months now. I understand that it can take some time to grasp things and be fully functionnal. The boss doesn't seem to have any issues with my performance. He said he is satisfied. The problem is that *I* am not. I've not yet decided what i'll do nor am I leaning in any direction yet but this is frickin' frustrating.

Someone once told me: "Some minds are made for policy design and others are not"; maybe this is not for me. Who knows.

A quick note to welcome Trish the Dish to the World of Blogs. You can read her rants at: evilsmurfette.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Palmer said...

Dude, isn't that the second time this has happened?

Time for a new computer!

Also..as for a change of career...it is most noble to try out something to figure out if they like or not. There is no shame in returning to something you enjoyed doing.