1/09/2006

Thank you MacGyver!

The Great Snowshoe Excursion: Success!!

Well, I had a great time in Gatineau Park with Cin, Miryam and Martin. I even got to show off my MacGyver skills when one of the straps on one of my snowshoes broke. I knoew those weren't wasted hours of TV watching!!

I was surprised by the hi-tech shoes that our friends had. Cinthia and I had classic wooden "raquettes". The other couple had these aluminium alloy, spiked micro shoes. I felt as though I was in a wooden chariot waiting on a corner street and then a ferrari stops besides and waits for the green light to turn. Ah well, the times they are a chaingin' and so are the snow shoes I guess. We still got to the top and had a good time nonetheless.

I'll see how many times I go out this year and maybe next season I will buy a pair of these little metal wonders!


Later in the evening, I watched my first episode of PRISON BREAK which Ryan had given me a while back. I liked it alot and will watch Ep.2 tonight.


In Other news, my cat Mork has been sneezning/coughing for the last month. At first people told me it was probably because of the dry air and thefact that I had turned on the heating. He does it only a few times a day for 3-4 minutes. It's as though he has a chest cold and can't cough the bad stuff out. I'll go buy an humidifier this week (I need it too) and if that doesn't help, off to the vet we go next week.

2 comments:

AquariusDragon said...

MacGyver could make anything work with a stick of chewing gum. Not to mention, I had a crush on Dean when I was younger.

iBenoit said...

I didn't have gum to fix the snowshoe but own a handy swiss army knife and I didn't use a fire arm.