1/10/2006

Top10 DVDs of 2005

My top 10 DVDs of 2005 are as follow.

- Sideways
- What the Bleep do we Know?
- Old Boy
- La grande Séduction
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- March of the Penguins
- The Incredibles
- House of Flying Daggers
- Haute Tension
- Napoleon Dynamite

Sideways: loved it - a fun buddy picture with fine acting by the most underated actor on this planet Paul Giamatti. What the Bleep made me look at a few things differently. It's not for everyone (heck, it's partly a documentary about Quantum Physics) but it struck a cord with me. Solid set of extras. Old Boy - for pure storytelling, it's the one that Wowed me this year. Solid, solid tale about the subject of vengeance. La grande Séduction was my coup de coeur this year. Funny story all around with fine Québec actors. Sith - as I have stated previously in my Moments of 2005 entry, it closed the loop. The DVD is full of goodness. March of the Penguins was discovered in the last week of 2005 but crept on my list like a tough penguin in minus 50 weather. The Incredibles was my animation film of the year. Flying Daggers was simply stunning! If you liked Hero, you'll love this one. Haute Tension was seen with some friends at Trish's for movie night. I remember us chatting about it for 45 minutes after the flick eas over. Great horror film. Napoleon - well... one word: Liger!!

No comments: