1/16/2006

Week-End News Report

A great time was had by all (well at least by Cinthia and I). We got to Montreal in wet weather but the drive was perfect. Great tunes and better conversation. When we got to the Bed and Breakfast, we we greeted by a very friendly individual who showed us to our room. It wasn't actually a room.. It was more like a loft. Kitchenette, dining room, living room and bedroom in a large 600 sq. feet room beatifully decorated with bright colours and cool artwork. Did I mention the fireplace and double jacuzzy roman bathtub?? Ohhh yeah. Who cares if the weather was bad!! The place was clean, and the staff were friendly.

We went shopping on St-Catherine for a few hours. I bought a new sporty winter coat for a whooping $39.99… awsome deal. We picked up some clothes, a couple of CDs and a few DVDs. I also bought my traditional Tintin book. Everytime I go to Monrteal, I try to buy myself something Tintin related. This time it was a cool hardcover book titled Tintin: Reporteur du Siècle.

Another cool hilight for me was the fact that while we drove into Montrea, the Canadiens were having a press conference to announce that they were firing their head coach. It was everywhere during our stay - on the radio, on tv and in the papers. Yay for me! (sorry, I love the excitement brought by trades and changes in a sports team.

After our shopping trip, we decided to go back to the B&B and order in instead of going out to a restaurant. What a great idea that turned out to be. Our own fire-lit candlelight dinner with soft romantic music and a bottle of wine. Sweet!!

Sunday, we decided to do a little more shopping closeby as it was really cold out. We decided that we would do the Old Montreal another time when the weather was better.

All in all, an awsome week-end in great company. What a way to forget about a crazy work week and get some perspective on things.

No comments: