1/30/2006

When Hollywood plays with Video Games

While working on The Video Arcade this week-end, this got me to think about the times hollywood has tried to make video game related films. Upom reflection, I wasn't able to find many... especially "good" ones. The only good one I could come up with was Tron.

In recent years I can only recall: Tomb Raider, Doom, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

Older ones I recall are: Cloak and Dagger, The Last Starfighter and the awful Super Mario Brothers.

Has anyone seen video game related flicks? Were they good?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'The Wizard' was good

Anonymous said...

Street Fighter wuz da bomb! Vam Damme rulez!! yeah!

Anonymous said...

Next up are "Halo" "Silent Hill," "Splinter Cell," "Spy Hunter" and "Tekken."

There has been a Pac-man movie rumour for a while.

Other old ones: "Double Dragon", "House of the Dead" and "Alone in the Dark."

Matt said...

The tetris movie was boring,
But, not as boring as the pong movie.