2/01/2006

Bye Bye Portage Phase IV office!

As some of you know, I am starting a new job Monday morning downtown Ottawa. I will be working at the corner of Kent and Queen. I can walk to work and it will take me 3 minutes!!! I chose to move to this new job in order to do something that I missed dearly (direct interaction with stakeholders and private sector business). I think this new workplace is going to give me a chance to play into a territory that is not totally unknown to me yet new in the sence that that it is a government program which I have never worked on.

In no particular order...

What I will miss most about working at Place du Portage in Hull.

  • Cool lunchtime conversations with some good friends.
  • My cool office (although, rumor is that I am getting a closed offine at my new workplace).
  • Terri-Q sushi and The Deli's mashed potatoes.
  • Witnessing first hand the wisdom of Mike Perry (my fav story : Mike trying to lift up a bolted chair to bring to our lunch table).
  • Star Wars Trivia with Claude and Ryan.
What I won't miss about working at Place du Portage:
  • Walking across Portage Bridge in the winter months (brrrrr!)
  • Policy work
  • Bad shopping mall (let's face it, that place sucks)
  • The smell on the 4th floor (sorry Trish, the hallway near your office stinks)
  • Bad Subway artists in the food court.
  • The lan team folks. (I am at your office and can help you right now but for that you have to open a ticket by calling that 1-800 number first.)
  • The unsafe environment for bikes.
Unsolved mysteries of Place du Portage.
  • The locked mystery door in the men's bathroom that does not appear anywhere on the floorplans of the 4th floor.
  • Why do they keep a library if no one ever goes there (there must me a librarian or two that has som pull over in phase IV).
  • Why does the Terri Q guy give me a timy paper cup for my sushi when they won't fit in there.

6 comments:

Palmer said...

It's no mystery! It's a supply closet!

Or a secret communications room.

Ferda said...

congrats on the new gig artoo!

AquariusDragon said...

Good luck in your new job!!

Dish said...

That stinky hallway is one thing I definitely won't miss either!

What about the time Mike Perry fell backwards off the picnic table bench. I am laughing out loud right now just thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ben, that is why you should of been going to MR. SUB. They have the best sub artists a going!Geesh! you should of told me sooner, I could of shared my secret!

Dido on the lan team dudes! Arg!

Sorry, can't sympathize on the bikes story! I think I used to run you guys off the road when I drove! ;-P

The big one is lunch with friends! But you will make new ones!

Enjoy your new job Beniot!

iBenoit said...

Thanks for the kind words all, This new gig should rock.