2/03/2006

Day 2 of Artoo's relationship with his iMac

So far...

I was able to network my PC with the iMac so that the Mac can use and access all of the hard drives on the PC. This is sweet as it gives me full access to my pictures, videos and music that is on the PC.

I was able to find a Mac player that reads and plays all the file formats for my videos.

I still need to move over the Itunes library to the iMac.

A friend of mine lent me some Mac software but I found out that most of it was pre OS-X ; this means that I won't work strait out of the box. I shall have to explore what the Torrent world has to offer for the Apple universe.

I can't believe how clean and crisp the colours on the iMac is.

1 comment:

Kev said...

As a fellow Mac user, it's good to hear that we have another member in what's commonly referred to as "The Cult of Mac!"

First things first, the lingo:
iMac (not IMac)
iTunes (not ITunes)
iPod (not IPod)

These are important!!

Second, you have a few of options when it comes to getting your music to your new toy. First, if your PC is still hooked up and you usually leave it on - simple enable Music Sharing in the Pref's (it will show up as a playlist on your iMac).

Second, if your files are in AAC format (iTunes on windows provides a conversion tool), just burn it to a cd/dvd/flash drive.

Finally, if the music is on your iPod, check out Senuti!

I hope this helps, and trust me - you'll only love it more as time goes on!