2/13/2006

Weekender Report: 10.02 to 12.02

"Fri" day
Not much, a bit o'cleaning. I was at home and didn't feel like reading that comm book. Watched a little bit of the Olympics opening ceremony. Always spectacular but when I see a world stage event, I always, in the ack of my mind wonder if there won't be a terrorist attack -- as all the world is watching. Nothing happened.

"Satur" day
T'was our valentine's day night. We decided not to do it on the 14th. For the last month I had been hiding little valentines with clues about our day all over Cinthia's appartment, coats, inside her car (at first they were going to be mailings but there are problems with the great Canada Post service in Hull). I had made reservations to Sushia Garden, on Albert. It was pretty nice, I had reserved a little private room downstairs.

The only little incident that hapened was that one of the shushi that was ordered was not the right one. We were greeted by a pair of eyes and antennas on our place. Uhm.... different! Dinner was great nonetheless.

For dessert, I had bought 3 kinds of chocolates and some fruits. I made a nice chocolate fondue. I also had some nice port to go along with it. Mmmm, mmmm goodness!

I received a cool wooden boardgame called Quorridor as a gift! :)

Day of the "sun"
not much to report if you read my previous post. I have a Midterm for my Communications class this week so i spent all day reading... oh and I watched a few eps. of 24: Season 4.

--
Today's work day ended on a nice note. Around 4pm, I headed to Portage to puck up a few things that I had left behind (Ok, yes Ryan -- 2 lamps!) when I changed jobs. I went over to chat with my old office folks. On my way out, I decided to go say hello to my old director (I had missed him on my last day on account of him being off-site at meetings). Anyways, after a little chit-chat, I told him goodbye and he proceeded to say that he knew we would stay in touch and that he would keep an eye on my from afar... Kinda cool for him to say that as I know that they were a little surprised and disapointed when I told them I was leaving. He didn't have to say that but it made me feel good to know that he appreciated my work even after i left.

1 comment:

Ferda said...

I wanna know what the sushi with the eyes and antennas is called so I can steer clear of it in the future - YIKES!