3/10/2006

7 Days to Coldplay baby!!


The Twisted Logic tour is about to head to Ottawa. That's right, next Friday, some of us are headed to the Scotiabank Place to see Coldplay! The quartet is back to support their latest album, X&Y... and what an album it is. Should be sweet.

Opening act is Richard Ashcroft. I'll give is recent album a listen this week. I can't say i've followed what he's done since his Verve days.

X&Y is a big album in every sense of the word, with huge songs that build to a massive, layered soundscapes. My hope is that it translates well on stage in an arena show!

Can't wait!!

5 comments:

Kev said...

I... can't... wait...!!!

The only problem is that given my irish heritage, spending St Patty's day with some Brits just seems... sacrilege! ;-)

For 7th row, I'm not going to complain though! =)

Where are your seats Artoo?

iBenoit said...

I believe our 7 tix are in Row 22 - section c (floor)

Should be quite the night.

Kev said...

I toook a listen to Richard Ashcroft's latest... I really enjoy it!

Reviews around the net butcher him, but it's not a bad sound at all.

iBenoit said...

I have it on spin too when I'm on the iMac - YES, the Ipod is on the fritz again!! Damn 4th Gen 40 GB piece of @Q#$...sorry, I had to get the frustrations out! Anyhoo, it's OK so far... nothing really stands out for me so far in the 1.5 times I have spun the album... I'll be happy to hear "Bittersweet Symphony" as well as "Song for Lovers".

Kev said...

I'd have to agree. His cover (?) of "Bittersweet Symphony" is by far the best track on the album.