3/06/2006

Of course, you surf the Web? Do yourself a favour!

Alot of you know this already - but I know some don't.

Experience of surfing on internet explorer and mozilla firefox is not same. Internet surfing on firefox is much much better thatthat on Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE).

I fell on this really good article today on CNet. The subject: Internet Web browsers. I thought I would share it with you all. It compared the 6 top browsers. Firefox came out on top. Another neat article on the subject compared IE and Firefox alone.

Some reasons that one should use Firefox instead of IE:

  • Better Security : Its offer better security and protect from malicious spyware
  • Pop-up Blocking : Block annoying pop-up ads
  • Google Toolbar : Enhanced search box suggests queries as you type
  • the fact that Firefox is not affiliated in any way with Microsoft
  • Tabbed Browsing : Its saves time by viewing more than one page ina single window
  • Lots of neat plugins and extentions (local weather in the status bar is a cool one).
  • And the best part is that it is free.

Do yourself a favour and try it. You can get it for free at this site!

3 comments:

Kev said...

Well said. I've been using Firefox for the last year or so and it's just awesome. It's much faster and loading pages, but IE still wins in terms of load time from start. I use firefox EXCLUSIVELY on the PC, well except for work related sites that fire up automatically.

I've been using Safari on my Powerbook for most browsing things since it's just better looking on the Mac, but I use firefox for tons of things as well.

Matt said...

http://funnyfox.org

Ferda said...

I use Maxthon and I like it. It keeps all my pages in one browser and uses less memory that way.