3/24/2006

Slow New Week!

Slow news week .
Cinthia's parents left us some tickets to two show while they are in Florida: Rock'n'Roll Legends which I mentioned a few weeks back and Do you... Do you... Paris which we saw on Tuesday. My review: 4 out of 10. Why? It was a little like watching good karaoke. They had some good voirces, the costumes were okay but other than the occasional eye candy from the dancers, the whole show was a little flat. There was no live band, just sythetized melodies from classic 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s French music (I emphasize the capital "F" as it was only music from France). I guess what bothered me most was the fact that when I did recognize the songs, some of the beats or melodies were just a bit off in tempo or tone. Great time with C-girl, Martin and Anne-Marie but so-so show.
--
Sopranos Episode #2 (Season 6) was .. ahm.. different - but I liked it a lot. It may not have been your typical mobster show with all tha it entails but it was really cool for them to go in a different direction here. I am currently watching the old 80s show Moonlighting and that show was famous for taking chances and doing great one-offs. I watched a cool episode the other night that was in black in white and took place in the 40s. On the audio commentary, they mentioned that they had to convince the network to film it in b/w. They even tacked on an intro with Orson Wells explaining that they were going to be switching to b/w in 10 minutes and that it was being done on purpose ("you're TV is not broken"). Funny.
--
I finally bought a new digital camera. I chose the Cannon SD400. Good size, weight, quality and price. Can't wait to take some pix with it. It's a simple camera to operate and turns on to photo mode very quickly for those candid snaps! Happy!
--
My "coup de coeur" of the week is the new Tetris DS game. This game is sooo cool. You can play online free of charge against people around the world through Nintendo Wi-Fi. Imagine, people in other countries could join in and beat Trish at Tetris. Talk about a goodwill gesture!! I will make a full review of the game when I have played with it some more.

2 comments:

Ferda said...

next week if you get your photos developed from your new camera at loblaws it's only going to be 12 cents for a 4X6.

I think I want a new digicam. I saw a sexy slim Sony the other day. It was black with chrome hints. I'll have to look up the model though.

Kev said...

That's awesome - I got the same camera on boxing day!

You're really going to like it - the only crummy thing I've found about the entire thing is the shooting with no flash. Like any digital camera, you've got to hold your hand REAL still to make sure you don't get a blurry image.

Great pictures though, too bad the "red eye" flash wasn't on by default though - cause it works really well!

Enjoy!