4/03/2006

Weekender Report for 31-03 to 03-04: Very lacklustre w-e.

Would you believe me if I told you that I totally missed the time shifting this week-end.  Yep. I did notice the Rogers Cable TV box being off last night but it never dawned on me that this was a "spring back, leap forward or whatever it was" time this week-end. 

I have always been bad at remembering dates (Easter, Labour Day, St-Patties, etc). I generally figure it out through others.  Strange I know. I just seem to remember the main ones. Anyhow, needless to say that I was  late this morning.

It kinda reminds me of the time when I showed Joelle (an elementary school teacher friend of mine) my new watch.  I don't know why but I ended up pointing out to her the fact that I liked that watch because it had both digital and analog time on it. I told her that it had always taken me a split second more to tell time when watching an analog clock. Her witty remark came swiftly: "Ben, you do know that I teach 6 year olds that at school right?". Too funny!

Off to the Weekender

Two classmates of mine came over to work on our communications presentation. In the evening, Cinthia and I watched C.R.A.Z.Y. We both liked it very much. See my review from the W-E. if you are interested.

Worked again on that University presentation which is being delivered this coming Thursday. Can't wait for it to be done. I know my subject matter so things should go fine.

In the evening, after the hockey game, I went to Cinthia's.  I knew she was out with her brother watching Ice Age 2. Before she walked in, I tuned off the light and sat on the couch. It was surreal, she walked in, dropped her keys, glanced at the living room (where I was sitting), walked over in the kitchen, checked her phone messages, then walked again near the living room, stepped over my shoes and went to the bathroom. All this without noticing that there was a stranger sitting on her couch. Gotta give this little lady some safety tips next time I see her. It was too funny!

Sunday, worked on the presentation some more and then in the evening, I started watching the 1982 film Gandhi. I'm half done. It's a great film but it's one of those epic films. Had to break it into 2 parts.



6 comments:

Sister Merry Kerry said...

No teacher ever taught me how to tell time. But I did learn how to tie my shoe laces when I was in pre-school. I got a pretty cool balloon at an assembly because of it.

Anyway, I hear ya about the difficulties in telling time.

Ferda said...

Ben that is a little creepy that you watched your gal like that in the dark.

Did she freak out when she realized you were there?

Kev said...

You and your intel iMac...

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/04/05/apple-introduces-boot-camp/

iBenoit said...

Ferda: She was more freaked out that she didn't notice someone was there...

The funny thing I did was to call her from my cell phone.. when she heard the echo, she realized it right away.

She told me *I* could surprise her whenever I wanted... ;)

iBenoit said...

Kevin: Cool package...and they released it much fater than I thought they would.

I'm not there yet though. I would be worried of mucking up a great little system that works well.

A.

PS: Kevin, Is there an easy way to read hotmail through the mac? (without going through the website?)

Kev said...

Artoo: I've done a little research, and it looks like the only way Hotmail supports POP3 or IMAP is if you pay them $30 a year. ie. Not worth it :P

If you'd like, I'll send you a gmail invite. MUCH nicer than hotmail, less adds, faster, better organization, unlimited space, support for POP3 or IMAP (if you want to use either Mail like me, or Entourage for Exchange support!).

Let me know ;-)