8/09/2006

National Lampoon's Vacation

It has been a long time since I blogged. I can hear Sena now pointing out my shortcomings as a blogger - How dare mess with her daily reading material. As Randal pointed out in Clerks: "There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, now is there!". I must admit, it's been a while. What have I been up to all this time? Well...

I was on a well deserved vacation! Four and a half weeks of pure bliss of doing absolutely nothing - resting on the beach of an ocean in the southern hemisphere, feasting on the food of the gods while being cooled down by the delicate wind off a palm tree branch held by a beautiful young tanned… *whoa!* Wake up there buddy. That's not exactly how it transpired. It was even *better* than that (to me anyways!)

I was indeed on holidays for that length of time. It was the first time in my life that I took that long a break from work. I guess the last time I had a break that lasted for that long I was in High School. What a way to live when you think about it… I guess that's what one can look forward to when they retire *sigh!* 25 more years before that happens!!

Right before holidays, I also decided to change jobs. My old boss is now a director and he approached me at the beginning of June with an interesting opportunity. Seeing as the program where I was working was on hold while waiting for funding, I decided to make a move. I am taking a job doing something I love which is to work on a Web site and develop a program for new immigrants. Should be fun!

In the next few posts, I will highlight what transpired during my 4 weeks off. Here begins that recap of: Summer Holidays 2006.

2 comments:

Sister Merry Kerry said...

I deny any slandering of this blog whatsoever. I demand a duel - with French baguettes - under the Eiffel tower - to the death!

iBenoit said...

The gauntlet is down. To the baguettes we go!