5/15/2006

Only return stuff to Walmart!

"More and more, Americans are being caught in a dilemma: They love electronic gadgets with lots of bells and whistles. But they're also frustrated when they get their new toys home and find out they aren't easy to install or operate.

Half the products returned to stores are in good working order, but customers can't figure out how they work, says a recent study conducted at the Technical University of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. On average, American consumers will try for just 20 minutes to get a new gadget to work before giving up, the study adds."

What??? You mean to tell me that we actually return stuff that is in good working order? Nooooo. Funny how thay don't go into the whole "awful instructions" piece. Some of them can be real bad sometimes. My favorites are the translated ones. You can never count on those translators you know!

The arguments provided are okay, but impulse buying must also be listed as one of the main reasons why people return stuff (and i'm not talking abouy Palmer's X-Box he almost returned to a store a year later). The quality of the products is also often questionable.

Now I won't get into Ryan's scheme to become rich over BBQ covers... :)

4 comments:

Palmer said...

Is it considered a scheme if I just know how to work the system?!

iBenoit said...

Agreed. Next time I return it I shall have one more reason. It was too technical for me. I just couldn't understand it.! :)

Dish said...

hey, watch the comments about the translators. some of us are sensitive! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»